Friday 6 December 2013

Week 49 - Polkadoodles challenge... Make a gift for Christmas

Welcome to another challenge everyone!

Just before we get to our weekly business - we've been wondering why we only had 2 entries to last week's challenge and I realised I'd confused things! Last week it looked like you had to follow our sketch but 
each week our challenges are now ANYTHING GOES with a little twist -
 so you can still enter the challenge with an Anything Goes make but we would love you to use 2 elements from the sketch if you can (this is optional!)...you can still enter the challenge here and we will extend the deadline until Tuesday for you to enter!!
Sorry for the confusion!!

Before we get to our theme and the inspiration, there is still time to enter our

DESIGN TEAM CALL!

We are looking for someone talented to join our fabulous team. 
If you love creating cards, journals, scrapping, whatever it might be, we would love to hear from you! This is open to both UK and International crafters. 
You must be: Committed for at least 6 months
BE able to use digital products and enjoy stamping and papercrafting
A regular BLOGGER and on Facebook and participate in social media promotions
You will be expected to post a minimum of every other week PLUS one tutorial per month. 
You will be required to comment and vote each week on a rota basis
Able to make physical samples for products to be shown on TV and in shows around the UK as & when required.
We will give you: Plenty of lovely stash to use and keep during your term
Exposure for your blog and your makes
A discount for the Polkadoodles store
Lots of fun and laughter along the way!

CLOSING DATE 15th December (please note: we cannot acknowledge all the emails but you will receive a reply no matter what the outcome once we have picked the team)...We look forward to receiving all your emails! x

So, let's announce last time's winners!...

So our randomly chosen winner for Week 47 is ..... number 5 Leona
Well done, email us to claim your prize!

In addition, the Design Team have picked their favourite Top 3 and these are:
No 5 Leona, No 13 Inger, and No 17 Jane
Well done everyone! Grab your blinkies from the sidebar!


Now onto the theme for this week which is:

Make a gift for Christmas

Although we set this challenge for the team, this week we've decided that 

you can enter ANYTHING GOES as a theme for Christmas.

Have a look at the fab samples from the Design Team.  Closing date for the challenge is Sunday 15th December at 12noon GMT and don't forget to link your actual blog post so we can come and visit you! 

Claire C I've made a pretty flower pin using printable canvas and one of the beautiful papers from Here Comes Christmas Cd, I loved the paper so much I printed some more off and used it to decorate a little gift box and a card. The image is also from the same cd, isn't she adorable? I've coloured her up with Graph'It Markers. I'll be back tomorrow with a quick tutorial on  how to make the flower pin 



Zoe - I've made a small gift card set using the gorgeous Home For Christmas collection. Many of my friends have younger children so this makes a perfect gift for them as they always send 'Auntie Zoe' a thank you card! I took papers and embellishments from the collection into Serif Craft Artist to design the note cards and to print paper to cover the box. I love recycling packaging & this box was perfect! I tied ribbon around the gift and finished it off by adding tickets from the cd tied on with twine.

Karon - I decided to make a gift for chocolates, so made this lovely 4-drawer easel card.  My papers and elements are from the A Home for Christmas CD collection.  The red polka dot paper is from Sundae of Seasons.  I inked up all the edges of all the layers, added some pop dots to add a little depth. And there you have a great "sweet" gift.

Sally - Our challenge this week is to make a gift.  So I thought it would be nice to make a box with Thank you cards in it.  I already had a template for this card box, I used two pieces of A4 cardstock for the box, drew around the template and cut it out and put the box together.  I then chose some backing papers and an image from The Angelberry CD Rom.  I matted and layered the Rudolf paper on red cardstock and covered the front, back and sides.  I then made 6 cards, same design but with different backing papers. I then used my peel off "thank you's" and matted and layered the Rudolf image.  There it is! What a nice gift to give someone!
Miria This is my take on the challenge: a quick and easy festive bookmark. I used paper and digis from A home for Christmas , the tickets are my fave from Picknix Collection 2 Gingerbread twist. I distressed them all and just added a ribbon. On picture two you can see how it works on the page.

Alethea- I am making fudge for the teachers presents this year and was too sure what to present it in, so I quickly made up this little bag!!! I used a border from the Angelberry CD Rom,  and a sentiment and pre-coloured image from the A Home for Christmas CD collection. I then just added the eyelets and ribbon!! Simple but perfect for what I wanted!!

Rebekah - Hi everyone! I chose to make a recipe book as my gift for Christmas. I have used papers and elements from the Here comes Christmas CD, this includes the cute gingerbread digi, the frame for my title and the tag on the side. Sometimes you just need a book to keep all those festive recipes in for this time of year!


Asha - I made this cute little purse with paper and a Santa digi element from the A Home For Christmas CD. Super simple to make and just the perfect size to house 3 succulent Mon Chéri chocolates - my kinda Christmas gift! Pop by my blog for measurements... chocolates not included!

   
Closing date for the challenge is Sunday 15th December at 12noon GMT and don't forget to link your actual blog post so we can come and visit you!
Rules: 
1. No backlinks
2. Please FOLLOW the challenge theme!
Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Thumb-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
For best results, use HTML mode to edit this section of the post.

6 comments:

  1. Congrats to the winner and top 3 and wow amazing and wonderful creations from the Dt's

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow love these projects ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for a great challenge, hope I loaded my photo ok. debbiex

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great projects. Just entered mine. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for the fabulous challenge! Absolutely gorgeous DT work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for gorgeous challenge..just entered my card
    ^^

    ReplyDelete

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!