Friday 26 November 2010

Week 47 Challenge - 'Twas The Night Before Christmas

Happy Friday! In case you missed our post last week the Design Team have a blog hop that is not due to end until this Sunday - so be quick! You really don't want to miss out as there are lots of fantastic bundles of candy available on each of the DT's blogs!

Brenda set this weeks challenge prior to her leaving the Design Team due to other commitments. She asked us to draw inspiration from Clement Moores lovely poem:


Twas the night before Christmas

There are lots of elements in the poem that you can use for inspiration, and we are really looking forward to seeing your creations. Before we look at all the fabulous creations of the design team, the winners of the Gift Box challenge are:

First Place: Jo Price
Second Place: Amanda
Third Place: FlourGirl

Congratulations! Please email Nikky for further details!

Onto this week's challenge! We'd like to say a big warm welcome to the new members of the Design Team! Saskia returns after a summer break, with newbies Colette, Dee and Miria joining us. Watch out for our Guest Design Team who will be joining in with our challenges, starting in the next few weeks for a six month term - Ashley, Audrey and Cheryl.

Don't forget - the challenge deadline is Sunday 5 December at 12noon GMT and please remember our 10 challenge rule and no back linking to old posts - entries that do not meet these small requirements will not be considered for our top three.

Ruth: I've used the A5 sized template from Paper Boutique Vol 2 - Creative Christmas with a little bit of glitter glue here and there (it's Christmas after all!) plus a little tiny mouse hiding amongst the gifts - he's taken from Back to Nature and I've reduced his size to fit my requirements!

Enfys: I took the title of the poem quite literally, for me, Christmas Eve is magical - walking back from church with carols ringing in your ears, and the words of the timeless Christmas story in your head...... I used a navy blue blank card and embossed it with snow, then ran a emery board over the embossing to reveal the white core of the card. The trees are my favourite Polkadoodles Christmas stamp, I stamped three, then chopped them to different lengths. The star was cut on my cricut, and the snowbanks were hand cut and inked with blue.

Brenda - An easel card, yes I'm still addicted to them. I cut the stockings on the Cricut using papers from Jingle Jangle Christmas CD, a computer generated verse from the Clement Moore poem and holly from the Winter section of Sundae of Seasons CD.

Saskia - It's great to be back on this Design Team! I still love bright and happy colours... as you can see! I printed out the poem and used papers from the Jingle Jangle cd-rom to create my card and a small stocking-box.
Emma Hiya folks, what a lovely theme, I am just getting revved up for Christmas so this was perfect for me. I love the poem and for me this time I chose to make a stocking wall hanging, something a little bit different. The papers are from the Polkadoodles Jingle Jangle Christmas CD.
Claire - I have taken the line from the poem....But a miniature sleigh,and eight tiny reindeer! Using Sundae of Seasons, Paper Boutique - Creative Christmas and Jingle Jangle CD's to create my card with a rubber stamp sentiment thrown in as well. St. Nick has just popped off delivering some pressies!
Jenny I've gone with the miniature sleigh too! I've used the pre-coloured image from Paper Boutique Creative Christmas and papers from Sundae of Seasons. All that was needed then was some buttons, staples, bling & tons of glitter!
Tracie: My card this week uses the gorgeous Fireplace template in A5 from Paper Boutique Vol 2: Creative Christmas as well as a border strip and sentiment from the same CD. I also used HUGE amounts of glitter available here.
Colette My first challenge as a design team member, so exciting! I've also used the reindeer part of the poem for inspiration. I've printed a couple of verses from the poem on the front of the card and then when you open it up the next verse is inside, as part of the design, with the reindeer. Papers and graphics are all from the Sundae of Seasons CD.

Fliss: My inspiration came from the poem's title as Nikky's gorgeous Prim Christmas Stocking stamp always makes me think of my younger daughter's Christmas stocking which has an angel on and is hung up on Christmas Eve each year. I coloured the image with ProMarkers, cut her out and put her on a Nestabilities mat. I've used some of the gorgeous plaid papers from the Sundae of Seasons CD and added holly and a greeting from the Christmas Doodles stamp set.
Tracy :- I have decided to use the Reindeers in the poem for my creation. My paper is from Sundae Of Seasons, The snowflake stamp I used around the border and my greeting is from the Crimbo Doodles stamp set and this is at a reduced price at the moment, and my main image is from the stamp doodle range this too has been reduced in price and I coloured it with Aquamarkers.
Dee: Do you leave cookies and drinks out for Father Christmas? I hope you do, it's hungry work creeping into everyone's house to leave the pressies. My card shows Father Christmas and Rudolf looking at the goodies left on the table for them. Of course I had to include some sugar lumps for Rudolf. Well I couldn't leave him out now could I. I used Paper Boutique Vol 2 Creative Christmas cd for all the elements and backing papers.



Good luck! And don't forget our maximum 10 challenge rule and the deadline for entries via the blue frog below is Sunday 5 December. Please also remember to link your actual post and not your blog and no back linking to old posts - these will be disregarded by the Design Team.

********

2 comments:

  1. The DT did a beautiful job on this challenge. Every single one is just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! beautiful cards from your DT. Thanks for a fun challenge.
    ~Lisa a.k.a. ScripperScrapper

    ReplyDelete

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!