Friday 24 December 2010

Week 51 Challenge - Sketch & Colouring

It's Friday and time for the last Polkadoodle challenge of 2010! Where did the year go?! As it is our last challenge of the year, it will stay open a bit longer than usual - so the closing date is Sunday 9 January 2011 at 12noon GMT.

On behalf of the Design Team I'd like to take this opportunity to wish you all a very Happy Christmas and a wonderful New Year and to thank you for your support, inspiration and love for all Polkadoodle Products! We couldn't do it without you!

I (Ruth) am your host this week and I've set my first ever sketch challenge (who-hoo!) with a twist of colouring your own image. The theme can be anything, but as long as the sketch is followed and you've coloured the image (it can be stamped or digi) then you will be eligible for our top three and a lovely Polkadoodle prize!

Before I reveal the sketch and the Design Teams interpretations, here is the top three from challenge 49:

First Place: Joanna
Second Place: Nicki - Little Ted
Third Place: Claire

Congratulations! Please email Nikky and put the place you came in the challenge and challenge number in the subject field. Nikky is very very busy at the moment working on the new cd so don't worry if she doesn't respond straight away!

Here is the sketch to follow - please remember you must colour the image yourself in what ever medium you wish and feel free to use either a stamped or digi image.
Two of our Guest Designers are joining us this week. First is Cheryl with this cute card featuring images and papers from Sundae of Seasons. Cheryl has coloured the digi image with Promarkers adding some embellishments from her stash.
And next is Ashley with this beautifully coloured card with butterflies and papers from All Around and Everywhere. Just look at the real stitching around the edges! She's added some Doodle Dewdrops too.


Ruth: It seems that babies are appearing everywhere and to get ahead, I've decided to use the very cute Nellienoo elephant stamp which has been coloured with Promarkers. All the papers are from Candy Doodles along with the flowers which I have rolled the edges to make them more 3d. Ribbons and gems are from my stash. And as I enjoyed my own sketch (!!) I've made both a boy and girl card!


Emma Hi there, I coloured an ATC card with Promarkers, blending Aegean, Cool Aqua and Powder Blue for a background and then stamped using tree, snowflakes and the reindeer horn elements from the Christmas Doodles Rubber Stamp Plate. The Scallop trim and background papers are from the Sundae of Seasons CD then stamped with snowflakes from the Christmas Doodles set coloured in with the Promarkers which are all available from the Polkadoodles web shop.


Saskia - I made a 'girly' card! The backing papers and sentiment are from the All Around And Everywhere cd-rom. That lovely girl is Fairy Flutterfly Maxine! I used my copic markers and added some extra glitter!



Claire - I used a mix of Aquamarkers and Sakura to watercolour Nikky's very cute Reindeer from Paper Boutique 2 - Creative Christmas and combined with some lovely Polka Doodles papers from Sundae of Seasons, with a little stickles!




Dee; I've made a gift bag from a C5 envelope for this weeks challenge. My main image is Nikky's gorgeous cupcakes which I've stamped onto pale blue card and used silver embossing powder. I then watercoloured it with Aquamarkers. I'm sorry to to say it doesn't show that well in the photo, I seem to be going through a bad photographer phase at the moment! I've used papers from Paper Boutique Vol1 cd, Tea Dye and Stormy Sky distress inkpads, Martha Stewart corner punch, recycled brown card, raffia and eyelets.


Colette - I used Nikky's pretty Flower Girl stamp and coloured her with Promarkers. The papers came from the Sugar Birdies CD Rom Collectors edition, I printed the plain jane green, straight onto linen card and added the patterned papers to make up the design. A window was cut from the card and the Flower Girl was attached to the insert using foam pads. I made the spira flowers from the Back to Nature CD, and used a Martha Stewart punch for the 'ribbon'. I edged the papers and window with Glamour Dust to add a bit of sparkle.


Fliss: My card features Fairy Flutterby stamp Babsie and I stamped her plus the butterfly and some flowers in VersaFine Smokey Gray ink and embossed them with clear powder. A slightly softer look than black. I coloured all the images with Promarkers in warm spicy shades plus green. I also used a glitter pen for some added highlights. I've used papers from the new collection on the Sugar Birdies Collectors Edition CD which launched last week plus a border from Sundae of Seasons CD. Believe it or not, the green panel was coloured with the Meadow Green Promarker and then embossed. This gives a perfect match for the colour shades on the card.


Tracy - I have followed the sketch by using papers from the All Around & Everywhere CD-Rom, and my image is Stamp Doodles Cupcake stand PDSD030, which was coloured with promarkers.



Jenny Not my usual teeny tiny card this week, this one is 8"x8"! I've decorated it with papers from both Sundae of Seasons and Paper Boutique Creative Christmas. The Festive Postbox stamped image is colored with Aquamarkers. The swirl is actually the bottom of the sleigh from Creative Christmas which is where the little tag came from too. Lastly I've embellished with Doodle Dewdrops and faux stitching with black Promarker.



lis-m . this week i have used papers from Sugar Birdies to follow the sketch and used the flutterfly fairy Meshelle. she is coloured with my trusty Promarkers. The sentiment is from Bevvieboo stamp sheet. I made a banner with the papers and finished with a few gems.




Miria for this week's theme I made a last minute Christmas card following Ruth's lovely sketch. The stamped image is Polka Doodles Fairy Polly coloured with Promarkers and some glittered accents, the papers I used are from cd Sundae of seasons.



Tracie: I used the beautiful Love Birds section from Love and Cherish to follow this weeks sketch. I added the gorgeous blue spot East of India Ribbon and some doodle dewdrops. I also inked the edges of the patterned paper. The birds were coloured with the same ink I edged with and a gold promarker


Good luck with the challenge! You have until Sunday 9 January at 12noon GMT to enter. Please follow the sketch and remember that the maximum number of challenges you can enter with the creation is 10.

*****






3 comments:

  1. absolutely stunning cards DT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [25 Dec 01:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  3. Són preciosos. Feliç any 2011

    ReplyDelete

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!