Friday 14 January 2011

Week 2 Challenge - Sketch, Colour Theme & a freebie!

Hi everyone, it's me...Nikky! : D ...welcome to another challenge week at Polka Doodles!

Firstly, the top three from the last challenge of 2010 which was a sketch and to colour your image are:
First Place: Lisa C, Second Place: Claire, Third Place: Rosie G

Congratulations Ladies! We loved your entries this week! Please email Nikky for further details - please put 'Challenge 51' in your subject field.

So we've had an ultra busy few weeks at Polka Doodles and I've been working my poor teamies to the bone making lots of samples over the Christmas and New Year for me - as usual they came up trumps as they always do, I'm so lucky to have this amazing team of fabulous talents supporting me and without them all I'd be well and truly up the creek! If you're wondering what all the hoo-hah is about, we launched our very latest digital CD rom last week - the 3rd in the Paper Boutique template series, Projects Galore. I think the girlies have been dying to reveal what they've been making with this new CD, I can tell there are already favourites for sure! You can snatch a peek here and see all the amazing samples from the very talented Team Doodle Dollies here...it's worth a look, believe me!

So before I give you this week's challenge I also have some more exciting news...our lovely Enfys, who I've known now for quite a lorra years, has reached a humongous milestone on her blogaroo...a whopping great 500,000 blog hits no less! 500,000!!! Whoop Whoop!! A huge congratulations are in order for this and to mark the occasion she is hosting a fantastic blog hop next week, starting on Mon 17th Jan at 9am - so make sure you join in, she has STACKS of candy to giveaway and a few surprises up her sleeve I think. Please make sure you join in, it will be a great hop, I think even some of the PD girls are roped in as well, so it'll be a goodie.

Right, on with this week's challenge then...I wanted to comemmorate En's milestone and my challenge is themed around her lifestyle...En spends 6 mths of the year here in the UK, her homeland, but also spends 6 months in the USA each year, lucky girl (know which I would choose!)...so there are 3 parts to my challenge this week...1. create a card using Red, White and Blue - the idea is to design something that you could send to someone in the US or the UK, all transcontinental-like! 2. to help you we have this little sketch below which you need to use (you can interpret this). 3. IN ADDITION, I decided last minute to design you a little FREEBIE so you can download the 3 papers and the 2 "happy" words here for absolutely zilch! So what are you waiting for??!!! Get on it!

Please remember the rules: Must use red, white and blue and the sketch and it should be suitable for a US or UK/european recipient! And you can only enter it in this and 9 other challenges! You have until Sunday 23rd January at 12noon GMT to get your entries in. (You don't have to use the download).


Week 2 Sketch

Ok, so let's see what everyone's made!

Nikky: I tried to stick to the sketch and the brief as much as I could but we had delivery of some brand new lushy lush embroidered ribbons as I was making this and I had to use some of the fabby Liberty design on my card! I LOVE it! And you can checkout the rest of the fabby designs here they are AMAZING! I suppose this makes my card lean towards the US side of the red,white and blue but hey ho, it was one of those times when the stash overrules!! You can get further info on what I've used on my blog.




Ruth: I've made an A5 card with this fab truck which is from the brand new Paper Boutique Vol 3 cd. I've layered up the image ontop of one of the papers from the same cd with faux stitching around the edges. The sentiment has been cut using my Cuttlebug Baby Face alphabet set The headlights and grille on the truck are glittered (although you can't see it in the photo!)



Fliss - I've made a birthday card for the challenge using a gorgeous digi girl from the Sundae of Seasons CD Autumn Collection and coloured her with Prisma pencils, blending the colours with Zest It. The plaid paper and border are from the same CD and the blue paper is from the Not So Plain Plains of the Not For Girls CD. The greeting is made from the new Sentiments stamp collection and I finished off with flowers and a leaf punched from the paper scraps.



D'Anne - For my project this week I used a mess of new and old goodies. The new goodies used were the pattern striped background paper and the black and white digital birdie. These digital elements are available on the All Around & Everywhere in the 'Bright & Beautiful' collection CD. For the old elements I cut out a tree shape and then applied different shades of brown cardstock to create the tree bark. Did you notice the clouds behind the blue bird?



Audrey ... For this card I used the Sundae Of Seasons CD. I cannot get enough of it! Everything matches. I used the red and blue digital papers with my Cricut to cut out the letters and then went and printed the presents is a few different sizes. I used the sentiment banner as well. I inked the edges a little bit with Soft Suede ink and that it.




Enfys: I used Babsie, one of the fairy flutterby stamps, and some gingham paper from Sundae of Seasons. The red and white check paper is from Not for Girls CD, and the letters are Thickers by American Crafts. Babsie was coloured with ProMarkers


Saskia - This cute doggie, made in 3d-layers, is from the new Paper Boutique III cd-rom! I added wiggling eyes, so the doggie can have a good look around! Backing papers are from the Sundae Of Seasons cd-rom. This is a 'free interpretation' of the sketch.






Colette - I used the robot from the fabulous new Paper Boutique 3 CD Rom, printed him out twice and layered him onto an oval cut with nesties, For the background I used the Cuttlebug clockworks embossing folder rubbed over with Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Stormy Sky. The oval is glued to a strip of card, which is decorated with washers and nuts, and attached to the card with a brad so that it swivels up to show a message underneath.







Lis-m. I too have chosen a robot, but this time from the not for girls cd. The dotty papers are from Sugar Birdies and I've die cut the word happy. The birthday sentiment is computer generated.





Claire - Great sketch which I've rotated and turned into an easel format. I have used the gorgeous buterflies from Sundae of Seasons cd. Papers from Paper boutique volume 1 and flower built up from a selection of cd's incuding Sundae of Seasons with a splash of stickles!





Dee: I have used Papers and images from the Sugar Birdies Collectors Edition CD for my project this week. I scaled down the flowers by half to make the flower border, added some lush East of India ribbon and a few pink gems.

Emma Hiya, I made a really clean and simple card this time. The Image is from Sundae of Seasons Cd, the sentiment is from Sensational Sentiments red rubber stamp plate and the alphies are from All Around and Everywhere Cd, lastly I used a little bit of Stickles to give that extra bit of sparkle.




Miria For my card I used this cute bear from new cd Paper Boutique 3, the papers are from Not for girls and the sentiment is from Sundae of Seasons
Good luck!
*****






9 comments:

  1. Thank you for the papers and sentiments! I can't wait to play.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These cards are amazing. I am new to your sight. Are Polkadoodles cut files or digi files?
    Thanks so much for the paper and words. I am going to try them out.
    Hugs,
    Linda
    http://cardsbylinda.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I miss you all so much! The last 2 months of 2010 were quite a blur and things are still not sorted out. I just love each and everyone of your creations - fab work. Hugs...Kris

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the free papers and words.This is my first entry into one of your challenges-hope it's okay.The DT have made some amazing cards as usual.DebbieJohns
    (http://debscraftytime.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't have time to be in the challenge, but thanks for the freebies :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. marianneshandmadecards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!