Friday 13 September 2013

Week 37 - One For The Boys cardmaking challenge from Polkadoodles and Studio 12

Happy Friday everyone, welcome to Polkadoodles! Before we get onto this week's fabulous inspiration we have a really great SECRET OFFER for you all! Purely for our blog followers, you can use this SECRET CODE to save 15% off any orders on the website this week! WOAH!! How cool is that! Just enter PDS12BLOG1 at the checkout and 15% will automatically be deducted from your order - and that includes overseas orders too, don't forget we have FREE shipping worldwide available! Don't miss it because it's only valid until next Friday!

Have you seen this stunning collection?

We have all been making some fantastic projects with this and it's being released in the next couple of days - it's a real must-have! If you've loved Nikky's Neighbours range of house stamps but have wanted them in digi format then you NEED this! talking of which, make sure you check out Nikky's helpful YouTube videos here which show you how to manipulate your digi images simply and easily by using Word instead of a fancy graphics program! Well worth a watch....

So onto the winners from our Fairy Wings challenge where we gave you a free digi to be used in the challenge (a lot of you forgot this!)...
1. Mandy- winners code: PDBW37C1
2. Jo  winners code: PDBW37C2
3. Toni  winners code: PDBW37C3

Well done Mandy who wins a heavenly bundle of goodies worth £50!!! A massive prize!! And our 2nd and 3rd winners also win a copy of the Angelberry CD - please email Nikky with your winning code and your snail mail addresses so we can send your prizes!


So, onto our challenge for you today!
One for the Boys

Yes, it can be really tough to think of great ideas for the men in our lives but there are some great products out there to make life easier and Polkadoodles has some great male collections - check them out here.  So this week we want you to get creative with your male themes. The winner of this challenge will receive a fabulous Bonbon Belles CD worth £17.99 and our 2 runners up will each receive a download bundle. Great prizes! You have until Sunday 29th at noon to enter - please make sure you follow our simple rules and the challenge!
So let's see what the Design Team have made today!...

Hi everyone! For my "one for the boys" project I have used these stunning papers from Studio12/polkadoodles CD rom Picknix, using the heavenly garden section of papers. I have also used this cute "you're my cup of tea" digi from Emma canning at Polkadoodles and have added some Polkadoodles dew drops and a celebrate stamp From the stamp doodles sentiment collection.

Sally - Hi, This week I have made a boy's card using all the elements from the Pretty Tuff CD Rom.
I printed the image called Dylan and coloured him in using my Graph'it markers. I printed two backing papers and matted them on red cardstock. Wrapped some twine and added a sentiment.

Zoe - I've opted to make a card for my son's birthday, inspired by our love of our favourite football team - Bristol Rovers, known as The Pirates. I've taken images from the Bonbon Belles CD into Serif Craft Artist.  I digitally created the main topper using the pre-coloured images except for the Pirate boy. I coloured him by hand using a mix of markers. I added an inked die cut under the main topper and then used papers from the collection to create the background and added tickets too.

Claire C. I've made a Christmas card for my lovely son using one of the gorgeous images from the 'Here Comes Christmas' cd, coloured with Graph'It markers and a backing paper from Angelberry Christmas Cd. I added some clear crackle paint around the penguins feet to make it look like they are on the ice
Karon - For the boys - hmmm!  Don't we all struggle with these peskie men/boy cards?  Well, I acutally enjoyed this one.  My image is from the Candy Doodles CD and is coloured with pencils and Gamsol.  All my papers and the sentiment are from the Sugar Birdies CD.  Both of these CD's are so versatile, with tons of fabulous elements.  I made a faux frame for my little boy image and raised this up on pop dots, as well as the sentiment to add some dimension, and inked all the edges of all the layers.

Fliss - I decided on a Christmas card to add to my little growing heap as we have several male relatives on their own and my absolute favourite snowman ever from Nikky is on the Here Comes Christmas CD which is where the lovely snowflake paper and sentiment can be found too. I printed the snowman out on thick cartridge paper and coloured him with Aquamarkers. I partially covered the card blank with the snowflake paper and added a sentiment ticket printed out on snow flake paper, matting this and the image on red card.
Alethea - because it's my week to do a tutorial, I thought I'd learn something new myself, then explain it to you!! Perhaps not the greatest of ideas but I'm still happy with the way this turned out. I used pre-coloured images from the Bonbon Belles CD to create my magic slider card!! For all the details please see my tutorial!

Asha - A boy card when my creative juice has all but dried up? I must be in hell... that is until I saw this adorable pre-coloured Highland lad from the Bonbon Belles CD. And it did not take me long to whip up this not-so-wee card for a not-so-wee boy. If you ever find yourself in a creative rut, this CD is just the thing for you. It has stunning papers, gorgeous images (pre-coloured and B&W), fab elements - and the card is done. All I did was add 3 buttons, a bow and voila - an easy-peasy crowd pleaser.
Miria My project is a tag - I do love making tags :) I used some scraps  from cds, I tore and distressed them. The digi is from fab  Bonbon Belles CD, I coloured it with Distress and cut it out then added some buttons and a rafia bow.
Lidia My Card for this Challenge is 5.5" x 5.5" and all the papers and embellishments are from Pretty Tuff Cd-rom Collection I sew the papers, add a button and some glossy accents and this is the result I Hope you like it!
So there is your inspiration this week - you have until Sun 22nd September to enter this challenge and the winner will be announced on the 27th - don't forget you can win a great prize!
See you next week!

Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Thumb-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
For best results, use HTML mode to edit this section of the post.

9 comments:

  1. Great cards ladies! Looking forward to seeing everyone's entries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous makes everyone - wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, thanks so much....have just emailed you!
    hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow! Thank you so much for picking my card as the winner! So excited!

    And more fab inspiration for us from the DT!
    Mandy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, there are amazing jobs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful creation as usual, always great inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow - Love this challenge - the boys are so hard to do things for but the challenge made it simple - great inspiration as always to - thanks

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing creations!!..Added my card at No. 40 but the thumbnail did not appear!! :)

    Divya
    http://pinkpapercastle.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!