Friday 20 September 2013

Rosette Gift Tags




Lizzie here!!! Its my turn this week to do the tutorial.
I realised when making another project
I had no idea how to make a rosette!
So I thought I would use one in my tutorial this week.
Sometimes we overlook the simplest of things!

You will need a score board, hot glue gun, papers
circle dies - a large and a small one.
Hole punch tool, gems, glitter glue
String, embellishments for decoration.


Cut strips of paper 1 1/4" x 11"


Score a strip of paper every 1/4"
Then fold into a concertina


Hot glue the ends together so it makes a circle.
Now form a circle by gathering the folds together
and folding it in on itself to make a circle.
HOLD tight with your fingers!


Hot glue onto the large circle and place the 
folded paper onto the glue, holding in position until it is dry.
(Only a few seconds)
Then hot glue the smaller circle on top of the paper.
I used Kraft card as I liked the contrast to the candy colours.


Now punch a hole in one of the scallops of the tag.
Cut along the edge of the paper circle 
into a zig zag using the folds.


Tie a piece of string through the hole.


Now the tag is ready for decorating!


I used my Stickles to glitter around all the edges.
When it was dry I stuck my sentiment from the CD
on the middle then decorated with a
butterfly and flowers and of course gems!


Right I'm off to decorate the other ones
Oranges, Pinks and stripes!!!
Have fun!!

7 comments:

  1. Lizzie, you tutorial is fabulous! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love this - such a fab thing to do but one many often shy away from. Thanks for sharing your tutorial. Take care Zo xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this idea Lizzie and one I am going to do for Christmas with poinsettias and snowflakes x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous idea and not as difficult as you think. Thanks for a fab tutorial Lizzie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant, I've tried so many times to make rosettes and whatever glue I've used, they've always sprung apart. Why did I never think of hot glue? Thank you for solving my problem.

    ReplyDelete

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!